You probably already know our Rotterdam 2.1 pages with all the things you need to know about the music and stars of Eurovision 2021, but here’s the link anyway.
A nice album
release to coincide with this year’s spectacular is Songfestival: Nederlands
trots in een nieuw jasje (Dutch pride in a new jacket) with nine
coverversion of Dutch Eurovision hits. (Well, one is Belgian, (see below).
The album is out on CD on May 12 but also (already) available through you favorite digital music providers. And Spotify.
- 1996, original by Maxine & Franklin Brown
2. Samantha Steenwijk – Vrede
- 1993, Ruth Jacott
3. Lisa Lois – Hemel en Aarde
- 1998, Edsilia Rombley, one of this year's hosts.
4. Pommelien Thijs – Door De Wind
- The Belgian entry of 1989 written by Dutch singer Stef Bos.
- 2011, 3JS, performed it in English as Never Alone at Eurovision.
6. Deborah Parlor – In Love With You
- 1984, Maribelle as Ik Hou Van Jou
7. Danique – Arcade
- 2019, Duncan Laurence
8. René Karst – Ik Zie Een Ster
- 1974, Mouth & McNeal
9. Unity – Ding-A-Dong
- 1975, Teach In
Last year, before Rotterdam 2020 was cancelled, I posted a few bits and pieces about Dutch classics in The Rotterdam Weeks. Still worth a listen and a read.
And here are some more related pages
Ik Hou Van Jou - Richard De Bois (1949-2008) - Engelbert Humperdinck - LeChelle (Afrikaans)
Ding A Dong - The Moscow Weeks - Nicki French - Colé van Dais - They Can't Stop The Spring
Door De Wind - Justice for a classic (Miss Montreal, with playlist)